I made this cake for Christopher's birthday..his fav! It is super moist and full of lots of autumnal flavors! We left out nuts and raisins because we aren't a fan of them in our cake- but if that's your thing, just throw some on into the batter!
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup vegan yogurt (I used plain almond yogurt)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 and put oil in cake pan.
- In a bowl mix together the wet ingredients: sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Fold in the carrots. Mix well.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or tall glass of your favorite milk!