We usually make homemade pizzas on Friday nights and felt like changing it up! We have had this awesome vegan pesto recipe that Christopher came up with and finally decided to put it on a pizza. it was phenomenal! You can top it with whatever veggies you love...we went with spinach, broccoli, and artichokes. Two thumbs up!
- Pizza dough (we used pre-made)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Head of broccoli
- Fresh Spinach
- To make pesto combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice into food processor. Mix well. Add pepper to taste.
- In pan, cook the broccoli and spinach until soft.
- Assemble: cover pizza dough with a generous layer of pesto. Put broccoli, spinach, and artichokes on top.
- Bake in oven to desired crispiness
- Slice and enjoy!