YUM! This recipe is the bomb dot com! It has been a few weeks since we tried a new recipe. Now that some of my postgrad classes have ended, I have some time to experiment in the kitchen. We wanted to make some kind of taco and that's when I came across a recipe on www.cookieandkate.com. We tweaked a few things to make it our own...to suit our own tastebuds. This is packed with flavor. The lentils took forrrreeevvveerrr to cook but other than that it was super easy and is definitely going into our meal rotation! Perfect spring/summer dinner recipe...light and healthy! Enjoy...these are finger-licking good! We doubled this recipe and made eight tacos. We decided to triple it next time because it is too good not to eat throughout the entire week!
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup white onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
Mole Lime Sauce
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- Juice of 1/4 of a lime
- 1 tbs mole sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle with generous amount of olive oil. Season with salt. Bake in oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook another minute. Add the cumin and tomato paste. Mix well. Add in the vegetable broth and then the lentils. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the lentils are soft (around 45 minutes). Add water if they lentils need to cook longer.
- To make the Mole Lime Sauce just add all the ingredients together.
- To assemble: Place lentil mixture in a warm tortilla. Add on some cauliflower. Top with a generous drizzle of Mole Lime Sauce and top with some cilantro.
- Enjoy with a loved one!