This is the perfect summer time taco! The days are getting longer, the sun is shining, and meals are lighter. This recipe is overflowing with so many great flavors. Get some friends together, a few bottles of wine, and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5) oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh yellow corn
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes until tender. After 10 minutes toss everything for an even bake.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in black beans, corn, agave and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve over warm tortillas. Top with sliced avocado.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy