Now that we are back from Iceland and have a few weeks ahead of us to relax we wanted to cook some new flavors. Chris was craving noodles... I love Thai... so I ran with the idea of a Thai noodle bowl and here we have it. This is a really easy recipe. I highly suggest adding the fresh basil..trust me! We had sesame seeds in the house from our sushi meals and it worked awesomely! Yum Yum Yum! I new fav of mine, for sure!
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Sesame seeds, basil, lime for toppings
To Make the Sauce:
- Heat oil in sauce pan. Add ginger and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in large pan on medium low heat.
- Add in all the veggies: broccoli, asparagus, carrots, and onions.
- Cook until veggies are soft.
- Add in the noodles and mix.
To Assemble Noodle Bowl
- Add sauce to noodles and veggie mix.
- Place into serving bowl.
- Top with sesame seeds and fresh basil
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 2-4 servings depending on appetite!