I love Indian food! We were looking for something healthy to cook for the week after a summer of lots of ice cream, stroopwafels, and cake. I am trying to cut out the sugar, and add in the veggies! We played around with this recipe a bit until it was irresistible! Viola, Tikka Masala. This is delicious served over basmati rice!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbs Garam Masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 cans chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbs red curry paste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and add in onions until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute or two.
- Add in the ginger and spices. It will become dry. Cook for only 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas, red curry paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk .
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 2 tbs water. Add this to the chickpeas and mix. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice. Top with cilantro.