So these little bites were inspired by last week's birthday carrot cake I baked for my hubbie! During the week I eat breakfast at 6am so by 9am I am ready for my next feeding :) I have become bored by my apple or fresh veggies and have wanted to try to make some energy bites. They are like a dessert... but healthy! They were super duper easy to make. I just threw everything in our little chopper. Since they are full of lots of healthy "stuff" I only need to eat two at a time to feel satisfied...so this batch will get me through the work week-woohoo!
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of roasted cashews
- 10 mejdool dates with the seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- desiccated coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and combine until mixed well.
- Roll into bite size balls.
- Put dessicated coconut in bowl. Roll each bite in coconut to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.