This is our go-to recipe if we are hosting a dinner party! Every Christmas, when we were living New York, we would have a dinner party and serve this up! It is a huge hit and my family prefers it to traditional non-vegan lasagna! It is ridiculously easy to make...we make it about once a month. As you can see in the photo, it's filled with cheesy ooey gooey goodness!
- 1 box organic lasanga noodles
- 1- 14 ounce container firm tofu
- 1- 8 ounce container vegan cream cheese (I love tufutti brand)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large bag of fresh spinach sauteed
- 2 jars of your favorite italian tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Boil lasagna noodles according to directions on box.
- In food processor combine: tofu, cream cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, basil, and garlic.
- Saute spinach in a pan with olive oil until spinach is wilted
- To assemble lasagna: line baking dish with a layer of olive oil topped with sauce. Follow with noodles, sauce, cheese, spinach...repeat!
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes