Since my mother brought me a few cans of pumpkin from the States this summer I wanted to use one for a Thanksgiving week dessert. Voila, a moist flavorful pumpkin bread! It is SO amazing and is a recipe I will make every year. I eat my slices with a little butter and the salt from the butter mixes with the sweetness of the bread and it is to-die-for!
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (I prefer Earth Balance)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbs water)
- 3 tbs applesauce
- 1 can pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the sugar and butter together until it is blended into a crumble. Add the flax egg, applesauce, pumpkin pie mix, and water.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Grease your pans. I used three mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean (may take longer if using regular sized pan).
- Cut yourself a piece and share a piece with a friend!